RIAS Quarterly Autumn 2020: Activism in Architecture
Following the pandemic, Missing in Architecture call for a radical re think in how we teach architecture.
Missing in Architecture’s Call to Action.
- For all Scottish schools of architecture to collectively to commit their core curriculum NOW to focus on sustainability and equality, and these issues to be unavoidably addressed and assessed in all projects and coursework. At all levels.
- For all Scottish schools of architecture to commit and publish five year plans to integrate environmental issues and inclusive curriculum teaching content and methods as a core of operations.
- For all Scottish schools of architecture to commit to having a wider and more inclusive representation of voices amongst their staff, students, guests and review panels.
- For all Scottish schools of architecture to commit to addressing the barriers which exclude a diverse population of students entering architectural training. Financialy support the most vulnerable and under represented throughout their education with scholarships and bursaries.
- For RIAS to commit to having a wider and more inclusive representation of voices on their staff, committees and judging panels.
- For the profession to introduce mentoring schemes to support and encourage the retention of minorities within education and the industry.
Missing in Architecture urge everyone to join us in this action by supporting and implementing the aims. We need everyone who has an interest and a connection to architecture and the future of our profession, to stand up and take action.